Apprenticeship Programme – “Develop staff for our future success”
Our apprenticeship program support is targeted at small and medium size businesses.
Our aim is to assist any hospitality business with setting up and implementing a successful apprenticeship program.
We focus on the specific requirements of a business or operation to ensure that both, the apprentice and business obtain maximum benefits from the program.
What other support is available?
- We fully endorse “The Scottish Apprenticeship in Hospitality” program https://www.sahscotland.co.uk which is industry led by well-known businesses in order to “develop and inspire the next generation of highly skilled talent for the Scottish hospitality industry”.
- There is considerable assistance available via “Skills Development Scotland” and “People 1st”. As part of this support:
- You will be assigned an external “trainer” by “People 1st” and/or “Skills Development Scotland” to look after your apprentice(s). This trainer will ensure that you follow the “guidance and standards” set by Government.
However, this “guidance” must be applied within your own operation. Therefore it requires converting these guidelines into a workable plan for the apprentice.
- Further information can be obtained on https://www.apprenticeships.scot
What we do?
- WE support YOU to set up a viable training system/plan based on YOUR operation to meeting the targets set for the apprentice.
- We focus on all operational matters within YOUR business. An apprentice must learn how YOUR operation works. This task can only be managed by you and therefore requires a tailor-made structured operational work program
- We strongly recommend that your business has suitable and proficient internal “trainers” who will teach the apprentice the required tasks and processes in YOUR operation
- We advise and support your internal trainers based on the work programme set for the apprentice.
This is the "Continental European" way - and it has been successful for many years! From experience (having gone through an apprenticeship program in Germany and come in contact with similar programmes in France) the business internal structure and support functions are absolutely vital to ensuring the success of an apprenticeship program.
The hospitality industry needs more and more professional staff.
Apprenticeship programmes are an excellent way to ensuring that properly trained and developed staff and management enter our industry to meet future needs and opportunities.
An apprenticeship programme provides a solid foundation for a successful career.
Our support will ensure that your operation AND the apprentice will benefit from the apprenticeship programme.
Contact us for information and details of our approach.