Food Service Training - "Provide a Professional Service"
Food service must be done professionally – it is the foundation of a quality operation and will guarantee lasting success.
Customers visit many different food and drink serving establishments and can therefore distinguish between poor, average or first class service deliveries.
Your food offer may be exquisite but if your service does not match your food quality, customers will not rate their experience as outstanding. However, providing a proper, professional and efficient food service is not complicated.
Only a consistent delivery of professional service will ensure that you operate a quality operation.
Our Approach focusses on:
- understanding your current service level and service performance
- We must clearly identify the weak and strong areas
- reviewing your current service standards and training methods
- developing a training program based on your business requirements
Our training session will generally address the following main topics:
- The Basics: Discipline, Professionalism and Customer Knowledge
- The importance of “service standards” – we use the “coffee cup” example which explains setting standards with 5 pictures – and in minutes
- Sequence of service – starting with greeting customers at arrival to saying “see you again soon” at the customer’s departure
- Selling and Up-Selling – if required we can address easy ways to making a few more pounds
The course is designed to assist senior managers, supervisors and line staff. It can be carried out on a “one-to-one basis” (ideally 2 persons minimum) or in a group session (maximum 10 participants).
During the training session the above mentioned points will be addressed but the main element of our input will focus on the practical application of your service standards – conducted with role plays and adapted to your specific needs.
You will have tangible benefits: an energised and professional service team, performing a superior customer service and therefore providing a better customer experience. Our work will encourage your managers and staff to use our techniques to train new and less experienced team members – you will have a solid foundation for future staff training.
Please contact us for discussing your requirements - we will adapt your specific needs.