What you need
A proper structure to your HR management would be beneficial. It should not just be a side-role within your organisation or even sourced out.
What do you need to be structured? How about:
- Commitment to really valuing your employees. Do you have a vision how to achieve good HR management?
- Manpower plan - outlining the structure of your staffing needs, salary scales, benefits etc.
- Legally compliant policies and procedures including contracts, staff handbook, statutory training etc.
- HR administration – from recruitment to employment termination
- Training and Development Plan
- Performance Management System
Each of these points can be highly complex with further topics under each heading. The details of each topic depend on the size and type of operation.
But in my opinion, these main HR management points must be addressed in hotels, restaurants-bars and visitor attractions.